My Advice to my Juniors, My Biggest College mistakes - Raw


My Advice 🙌 to my🧑‍💻Juniors, My Biggest College mistakes !

I finally gather some courage to concisely speak about my whole, both exciting&boring college journey.


 

Short but Complete Journey :

here you go -

What went well ?

The half part! First year and second year, I interacted to my class buddies, seniors, teachers through various activities, competitions, platforms and clubs. Attended and Explored every practical session that was possibly happening. That's how I gathered some like minded people around me.

"Tried to be like a Rancho of 3 Idiots" - :p

At second year end I happen to stumble upon an internship, went to Noida, learned a lot of DSA.

Overall Had an exciting Super Human college life, learned adv. Robotics, DSA, One Hackathon Winning experience, Patent writing, Inventorship (btw I miserably  failed very fast trying to pull off a Startup and have a team:p - That marked the end of many above things).


What went wrong ?

Worry-less innocent life and non-harming challenges ended and fear & FOMO started to build up.

Third and Fourth year, discontinued having interactions and exploring. Got Isolated, became a day Scholar. Lost my focus and goals. ps- Don't wanna blame Corona fully.

Surprisingly I was still one of the best coder of my year at my college, but I knew the reality, as I opened more to the online world through LinkedIn and YouTube.
BUT BUT ..... I Still had that small innocent confidence that I can still crack 12LPA Job somehow after some hard work, based upon the confidence that I gained from the GfG Internship doing DSA.


Eventually my friend caught up with my level of DSA, by keeping consistency and hard work for few single months only. I feared and compared more, as now this threatened at a local level.

But I Never loose my habit of softly fighting back for what I may love i.e. to code. I use to try doing very hard thing for only 1 to 2 months in a complete year and give up on it half or just finishing basics. (I just realized that I always love hard problems and challenges, BTW that's not very unique, just that I'm a basic level qualified problem solver or Just lazy. Okay I'm Lazy only! :p)

At the very end, My that friend only who was practicing DSA like anything, grabbed few off-campus offers whereas I never applied below Amazon :p .Out of which one he joined and pulled me also in by giving me a referral (making real friends and good relations at the time of exploring at early years of college finally helped) for which I am very thankful because I wasn't able to crack the service based jobs also due to my Advanced but Inconsistent and Shattered knowledge.

PRESENT,

BTW, I always knew that where I was wrong from the very first day i.e. consistency. But never found a permanent way to solve it on my own not got it from my surroundings. I failed every time I tried.
but this fine time when I tried more, I got a breakthrough.

Finally since I was getting no solid answers or help from anywhere, I decided to give the "Books" a try as they are called to be ones "true best friend". I still struggled at this also - "How to read consistently and finish a book eventually". Surprisingly I got the solution of that from the books only - "kind of". As I searched for this many a times on YouTube, and finally listened to the Amrudh Deshmukh- the Booklet Guy.
Now, I read at least 10min everyday for my future life. - I know it sounds like less but please know I'm still not a pro ! Reason 👇

One Quote for life change : "Start slow: Avoid Inertia to the best otherwise it'll get you back" - i.e. change very slightly little baby steps, steps by steps. You'll not understand unless you try to change anything about you for good.

Lesson - Can't figure out even myself :p, so H.W., Maybe having a good mentor just after you are done exploring and now want specialization to help focus.
Conclusion - Read Atomic Habits (& 7 habits of highly effective readers) the earliest ! Get mentor ship from great books.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mastering Retention - The power of Spaced repetition and Deliberate Practice

Free & Easy Designing tools for a Software Developer